With Halloween coinciding with some schools’ half terms why not bring the family away for some spooktacular fun at one of these events:
Penrhyn Castle, 21-31 October
- Help the staff at Penrhyn Castle solve a mystery, have your face painted, join the Halloween crafts, listed to terrifying 10-minute tales or feast on Victorian theme goodies at the event aimed at all the family
GreenWood Forest Park, 21-31 October
- Get creative with creepy crafts – make a lantern, monstrous masks and create your own Harry Potter style broomstick or have a freak face painting at GreenWood Forest Park. There’s also a special Halloween Show in the Forest Theatre at 1pm on 31 October.
Halloween Trains, 26-31 October
- Ffestiniog Railway is holding three evenings of Fiendish Family Frolics filled with creepy costumes, crazy capers and chilling competitions.
Spooky Halloween Day, 28 October
- Plas Mawr in Conwy is hosting a day of Halloween themed games and pumpkin carving from 11am to 4pm.
Scarefest, 28-29 October
- Surf Snowdonia has a spooky weekend which promises something for everyone including drive-in cinemas, zombie runs, games and plenty of frights..
The Big Pumpkin Bird Trail and Spooky Crafts, 29 October
- Help RSPB Nature Reserve in Conwy find the strange, orange bird hiding on the reserve and make your own Halloween bird to take home. Sessions are 11am to 12pm and 2pm to 3pm.