Festive Events in North Wales
If you’re looking for a Christmassy event to get you into the Festive spirit then these can’t fail to have you saying Ho, Ho, Ho as you dash merrily into the Festive season:
- Bodnant Garden’s Christmas Elves will be craft making every weekend from Saturday 25 November until Sunday 17 December so why not give them a hand and make something yourself to take home.
- Create your own Christmas Wreath in The Imperial Hotel’s own fun workshop with award winning floral designer, Sarah Hudson from Scent with Love on Thursday 30 November and Thursday 7 December 2017.
- Children aged 5 to 12 can make Christmas decorations at Mostyn Gallery on Sunday 17 December.
Visit Father Christmas
- Have a fun day at the RSPB Nature Reserve in Conwy as Father Christmas pays it a visit on Sunday 26 November.
- GreenWood Forest Park has a magical Santa’s Grotto every weekend until 15 December or you could have Brunch or Afternoon Tea with Santa on Friday 8, Wednesday 13, Thursday 14 and Friday 15 December.
Join Santa and his elves on special festive train journeys with Ffestiniog Railway and Welsh Highland Railway on the weekends of 9 and 10 and 16 and 17 as well as the 22 and 23 December. There will be presents for the children and plenty of laughs and jokes along the way.
Santa has a special grotto at Llandudno Ski Centre on the weekends from Saturday 9 to Sunday 24 December so the kids can meet him, pose for their own photos on his sleigh, post a letter to him and also receive a gift. The Sno Tube will also be open so have some fun riding the slope on an inflatable tube.
Santa will also be at Conwy Castle with a grotto in a tower. There’s also a Christmas tree trail in the winter wonderland of the tower with every level decorated with a different theme. The grotto is open weekends from Saturday 9 to Saturday 23 December.
In hearty voice
- That’ll Be The Day Christmas Show is a rock ‘n’ roll variety show with the favourite Christmas classics from the 50s, 60s and 70s on 26 November.
- Classical boyband G4 is holding a Christmas By Candlelight concert at St Asap Cathedral on Tuesday 5 December. Concert is in aid of the charity Missing People and their Home for Christmas Appeal.
St Trinity Church is holding a Carol Concert in aid of Alzheimer’s Society Cymru on 9 December.
The Christmas Concert “Carols From Llandudno” will be held again this year at Venue Cymru in aid of Ty Gobaith Children’s Hospice on 17 December. In its 23rd year it will feature a host of well known artistes.
- There’s Carols by Candlelight services at 3pm, 4.30pm and 6pm at St Tudno’s Church on the Great Orme on 17 December.
- Christmas Carols around the Tree is a service outside Holy Trinity Church on 21 December at 7pm.
Christmas Family Fun
- Llandudno has a magical Christmas Parade with Santa through town on Saturday 2 December.
- Visit Plas Newydd for a Family Christmas of fun family games every weekend in December.
- The Santa Dash is Llandudno’s 5k fun race on Saturday 9 December in aid of St David’s Hospice.
- There’s a Medieval Christmas in Conwy on Saturday 9 December with street entertainers, musicians and a torch lit procession with Armoured Knights and their Ladies.
- Peter Pan, the swashbuckling family adventure will be on at Venue Cymru from Saturday 9 to Sunday 31 December and it’s the perfect panto with laugh-out loud comedy and bundles of audience participation.
- St David’s Hospice is holding a Christmas Fair complete with free Santa’s Grotto on Saturday 2 December at Venue Cymru.
- Betws-Y-Coed becomes a magical winter wonderland on Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 December with fireworks, a nativity play, arts and craft stalls and a Santa’s Grotto.
- There’s a two day Christmas Market at Surf Snowdonia on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 December with free face painting, balance bikes, Christmas bouncy castle, Father Christmas’ Grotto and Christmas Arts & Crafts. There’s also a drive in Cinema showing Home Alone and Elf on the Saturday and Disney’s Frozen and Love Actually on the Sunday.
- Conwy Christmas Market is on from 12 to 17 December and as well as there being lots of opportunities to buy gifts there’s also entertainment and ice skating rink.